Imagine having a beautiful smile that you wanted for all your life without needing to wear visibly unattractive braces! Shine Dental offers best in class yet affordable Invisalign treatment in Fremont, CA and surrounding cities. Talk to our doctors and know if you are the right fit for the treatment.
What is Invisalign?
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign uses a series of invisible aligners (trays) that cover teeth completely. The biggest advantage of Invisalign is that no one can tell if you are wearing braces. These Invisalign trays are made using 3D computer imaging technology to sit perfectly on your teeth.
Why Invisalign is Better than the Traditional Braces?
As we said earlier, Invisalign is invisible. It means that you can keep smiling happily even while you are on your Invisalign treatment! Another big advantage of Invisalign is that they are removable, so you can eat, drink, brush or floss with no hassles. Since there is no metal involved Invisalign, there is absolutely no scope for discomfort caused by the metal abrasion. There are no wires or whatsoever, so you do not need to visit a dentist frequently for adjustments.
How Does Invisalign Work?
- Our dentist gives you a custom set of aligners made to encase your upper or lower teeth completely
- Wear each set for at least 22 hours a day, for 10 days to 2 weeks or as advised by the dentist
- The aligners make your teeth move gradually
- You need to visit us once in 8 weeks for a checkup as well as to receive new Invisalign trays
- You may need to wear as many as 30 aligners during the treatment period
- You may need to wear them straight for up to 18 months for the result
Invisalign Frequently Asked Questions
- Will Invisalign work for everybody?
Invisalign treatment works for most people. However, in some cases, a dentist can recommend it only after thorough dental evaluation.
- At what age one can wear Invisalign?
Anyone who has their permanent teeth erupted can wear Invisalign.
- Are Invisalign aligners painful?
You may feel some discomfort in the form of pressure for the first couple of days when you get the aligners. You will get used to the pressure and it will not cause big discomfort on a long run. However, you may have to feel the discomfort with subsequent aligner fitting.
- Is it Real that Invisalign Affects Speech?
It slightly affects your speech on the first day of wearing aligners. Since the aligner trays are very thin, they will not create a problem on a long run. You will get used to them very quickly.
- Will there be Any Restrictions on Diet While on Invisalign?
No! You can eat anything you want. However, you need to remove your aligners before eating.
Shine Dental provides best in class Invisalign in Fremont, CA and the surrounding cities. Call us at 510-791-3144 or make an appointment online to let our doctors help you to get your smile corrected.