Dental Implants Fremont
Dental implants are changing the way people live, particularly those who suffer from the tooth loss. A dental implant is a kind of artificial teeth that restores the appearance and function of a natural tooth. The biggest advantage of dental implants is that they let people live a normal life even after losing a tooth. Dental implants are tough like natural teeth, and they let patients eat anything they want to eat comfortably. Shine Dental is awarded as best dental implants in bay area
What Exactly is a Dental Implant ?
To understand a dental implant, you first need to have a general idea of the tooth structure. The visible part of a tooth is called the crown. The root of the tooth is hidden inside the gum. The crown and root comprise a tooth. A dental implant replaces the root part of a tooth. The dentist then places a permanent crown on the implant, so the entire setup looks and works like a natural tooth.
What are the Advantages of a Having a Dental Implant?
- It helps maintain the integrity of jawbone structure after the tooth loss
- It preserves the natural appearance and health of adjacent teeth, as dental implants are an excellent alternative to bridgework
- They are a good alternative to dentures
- Dental implants ensures equal bite force throughout the mouth
- Dental implants look, feel and work like natural teeth
What is the Procedure of Placing a Dental Implant?
- Our implant dentistry specialist first analyzes a patient’s mouth to see if he or she is a right candidate for the procedure
- The dentist then places an implant at the right spot to allow it to integrate with the bone and form gum tissue around it
- The implant needs a few weeks of healing period to integrate with the bone
- Once the healing period is over, the dentist places a temporary crown on top of the implant for aesthetic purpose
- When the dentist thinks healing process is perfectly completed, he places an abutment on top of the implant. The abutment allows the doctor to place a permanent crown
What are Some Frequently Asked Questions about Dental Implants?
- Can dental implants work for everyone?
Most people can get dental implants without any problem. However, dentists do not suggest implants for children or younger teens. The dentist also checks for the availability of a sizeable amount of healthy bone to support the implant.
- What materials are used to make dental implants?
Titanium and zirconia are the two most used materials to make dental implants.
- Is the dental implant procedure painful?
No, it is not painful.
- Is there a possibility of implant rejection?
In extremely rare cases, yes, there is a possibility of rejection. However, the condition is not dangerous. The dentist implants it at a newer place.
- Do dental implants require extensive care?
No, they do not require any special care once the healing period is completed. However, you need to follow the basic oral care habits like brushing twice a day, and flossing for at least once in a day. You also need to make periodical dental appointments to check the condition of the implant.
Our Fremont implant dentist has helped hundreds of people get beautiful and stronger teeth. If you are looking for quality implant dentistry services in Fremont, CA or surrounding cities, give us a call at 510-791-3144 and get in touch with our experts.